Approved budget for the financial year 2013/14 vote 250
|Other Recurrent Transaction||15,599,516,424|
|Donor Funded Projects (Part 1)||4,834,262,284|
|Locally Funded Projects (Part II)||8,102,900,000|
- The total budget for the whole Education Sector is K111,345,735,184. This includes budget for construction under the LDF Vote, Education at Local Assembly and Education Subventions.
- The Ministry receives monthly funding from the Ministry of Finance. The funding is based on a Cash Flow Statement that the Ministry submits at the beginning of the Financial Year. Ministry of Finance funds the Ministry Headquarters and funds the Cost Centres directly.
- Salaries for the whole Ministry are processed centrally at Headquarters
- Other Recurrent Transactions are processed at Headquarters, at Central West Education Division and at Central East Education Division.
- The ideal situation is to have Accounts officers at all Cost Centres. However there are some Cost Centres that do not have Accounts officers. The Accountant General has been requested to arrange for staff to be sent to these Centres. In the absence of the accounts staff – accounts jobs are being done by non-accounting staff.
- Development Projects payments are processed at the Education Infrastructure Management Unit (EIMU) offices
- A capacity Building Plan is in place to strengthen the performance of the Finance Section. Implementation of the plan has started.