The Directorate exists to ensure that the Ministry attracts, develops and retains appropriate and sufficient human resource for efficient and effective performance. Currently, the Ministry has 81,504 established posts, 11,958 non-established posts and 978 industrial class posts, making a total of 94, 438 authorized posts. 67,000 of these posts are filled, representing 71% of the authorized posts.
- To provide human resource management services.
- Provision of human resource planning, recruitment, development and discipline services
- Provision of management services
- Implementation of conditions of services
- Salary administration
- Management of personnel records